Saturday, March 13, 2010

Let's See ... What Else?

Usually last thing at night we watch two or maybe three video lectures from The Teaching Company. We get them on dvd and pop them into my laptop here and watch with pillows and quilts and cats. One night I said to Neo, who was in the habit of getting all over the keyboard and causing things to happen that we did not want to happen, "We're going to have some lessons on Medieval History, Neo! How about you come sit right here by me and see what you can learn?"

Damned if he didn't give me a comprehending look and sit right where I told him to. And he's come to lessons every night since, so who's to say he isn't getting something out of it? :o) He liked the Medieval class quite a lot, and he LOVED the Impressionists. He's been less enthused with the Vikings, but he still mostly pays attention. (Note: he doesn't give a fig for checking email or zooming around the internet and he's not a real fan of 24. Clearly, he's a scholar.)

Here's Neo learning about the Vikings:


And here was my little window garden (heirloom tomatoes only right now) a week ago:

First babies out of the ground, Black Krim:

and Brandywine:

Today we actually have one Green Zebra, but the Golden Monarchs and Black Cherries have yet to make their appearance. In fairness to them it's been mostly rainy and chilly since I set them out -- but if they don't show up soon they're getting replanted.

Still a bit of crafts updating to post, but not today. :o)

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Yay for your tomato plants!! So exciting.

And Neo is too stinkin cute! I miss having cats so very much

Abby said...

Tell Neo he is a fat fu...rball. And then scratch his head and tell him I miss his wheezing.

Sarah said...

I planted some tomato seeds and also some assylum seeds last week. I'm hoping they do something other than just sit under the soil. I should let them have some sun, perhaps.

YogaNana said...

Yeah, I think they like sun.

Hannah, you need a cat! We have extras ... :o)

Abby, message delivered. He said, "Mah!"

YogaNana said...

Btw, my tomatoes got sun today and they are *much* happier!