Sunday, January 7, 2007

The Holidays Are Such a Wash!

I mean that in a humorous resigned oh-well sort of way. The only things that get done between late September and Christmas are things pertaining to Halloween or to The Big Day Itself and even though I'm living alone just now -- I still have nine kids, seven of whom are partnered up, one sort-of-step-kid who is also partnered up, eighteen (as of this past Holiday Season) grandkids, a man I love, and three reasonably pleasant cats, all of whom deserve 'something.'

(*Note: Grandchild 19 was born New Year's morning and Grandchild 20 is currently worrying me, threatening as he is to arrive several weeks early.)

And who has that kind of budget? So I make things. Day and night, for weeks and weeks, and I get tired and crabby and wreck different parts of my hands and fingers temporarily, but it always feels so good to have done it.

I got no writing done during those months, neither here nor on either on the Books-in-Progress, but I did complete 46 pretty cute little ornaments. So now we're back to the regular stuff.

No comments: