Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Bit of the Usual

Today was Monday, there were a whole lot of people to reason with who do not like the way my employer does business (mostly because it involves the transfer of money from the customer's pocket to ours -- surprise, we are not Santa). But it was sunny and pleasantly cool up in my workspace and I worked in a fine leisurely yoga session over lunch and caught the last half hour of Pirates of the Caribbean out of the corner of one eye toward the end of the day. Fifty minutes on the treadmill tonight, most of it at 3.5 mph, which is pushing it a bit, but I finally got the external speakers for the computers back (they had been on loan) and set up a playlist on iTunes especially to play while walking and apparently what sounds like a comfortable 3 mph tempo in my head is almost always 3.5 in actual practice. So I made between 2.3 and 3 miles in that 50 minutes and quit and got into a nice deep hot tub (not a hot tub but a hot tub) before everything locked up entirely. Had a huge salad and some rye bread.

Tired.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

That sounds like a nice day Mom. I love going to bed tired. Feeling like I actually did something with my day.

Jenna said...

Sounds so satisfying! I'm so jealous that you have a treadmill. Walking while watching a movie or all my TiVo'ed shows would be so much better for me!

Jenna said...

Mom! My card came today! Thank you so very much for the little extra! You're wonderful and I can't WAIT to see you!