Sunday, April 13, 2008

Herby Guys -- The Next Generation

In spite of extremely good intentions, I managed to kill all of last season's Herby Guys. A few here, a few there, and I set them out back thinking they would winter-over there the same as if I had set them out in a garden, which we haven't got to offer them. They did not.

But! There's a wonderful place over in the Mission called Scarlet Sage that sells live herbs (and lots of other stuff), and we went there yesterday on a random shopping expedition. Please meet the new Herby Guys, sitting on the front steps:

Rue

Yarrow

Peppermint

Rosemary


Curly Parsley

Lemon Balm

And here is one I hadn't gotten downloaded yet -- Noah with Lyndsay's stocking. I do hope it's not too loud for her tastes -- I kinda love it. Haven't mailed it yet, of course, because that would involve going to the post office and finding parking.

**Not seriously -- I'll package it up and send it to work with David. There's parking there, as well as a mail room. :o)

And my glucometer reading yesterday afternoon. Don't know what brought this on, exactly, but this is a normal reading. As in, normal, for non-diabetics. I always said I'd take a picture if I ever saw a two-digit reading. :o)

OTN: Abby's stocking and the second of my Rainbow Riot socks

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Yay! I missed you Mom!!


WooHoo for normal glucose readings!!!

Love the herbs. What do you do with the not so normal ones? Like the lemon balm and yarrow? I mean rosemary and Parsley sure, I know what to do with those but what about the others?


By the way, Ash was THRILLED with his card. He also feels very special to have gotten brand new money! We told him it's rare so he's saving it. hehehe

Jenna said...

Finally you're back!!! I've missed you too!

Congrats on the two-digit reading!

And I LOVE the stocking, and know Lyns will too. Thanks!

Beautiful herby guys!

YogaNana said...

It's good to be missed. :o)

As for the not-so-normal Herbies -- sometimes I just have them because I like having them, no particular reason. Lemon balm makes a nice calming tea, though. Yarrow ... well, I like the sound of the name (which is one reason I gave that name to my cat) and I like its delicate green frilliness. It's a spreader, though, so I'm not sure how happy it's going to be in a pot. We'll see.

I want a big plump lavender or two in the ground beside the front fence but haven't got that worked out yet.

Glad Ash likes the new money. I always ask for the nicest bills the cashier has when I'm getting birthday money and sometgimes they have something very nice and sometimes we just do what we can.

Jen, I'll try to get the stocking out this week sometime.

Anonymous said...

Huzzah on the doubled diget reading! I remember when I finally got there! Been a bit up and down with mine lately due to the allergies. Yuck! However, I was happy to see 112 this morning.

Anonymous said...

Hey nana! I love love love the stocking!!!! It is soo perfect! Thanks for making it for me! It is sooo cute =)!!! You're the best!xoxoxo

YogaNana said...

You're most welcome, Lyns! And I *do* hope to mail it before Christmas!