No one tagged me for The Five Meme and I was sort of hurt but also quite relieved because the first question was name 5 things you were doing 10 years ago, and 10 years ago I was working a lot of ungodly hours taking angry calls for Philip Morris ("I hope you're happy! Your cigarettes killed my father!") and worrying about my kids and living in a fairly wretched little apartment. I don't really want to think about 1998.
Although I guess I just did.
Still, I'd rather make up my own Five Meme. Here it is:
Name Five Particularly Excellent Ben & Jerry's Flavors, Past or Present
1. Chunky Monkey
2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
3. Heath Bar Crunch
4. Peanut Butter Cup
5. Rainforest Crunch
Name Five Subjects You Might Have Majored in If You Had Been, You Know, Serious About It At the Time
1. European History
2. English Lit
3. Psychology
4. Anthropology
5. Ancient History
Name Five Breeds of Dog You'd Like to Own If Someone Else Did All the Work
1. Old English Sheepdog (big surprise, huh?)
2. Newfoundland
3. Polish Lowland
4. Komondor (dreadlocked dog leaping hurdle on cover of old Beck album)
5. Tibertan Terrier
Name Five Vegetables You Will Never Eat, No Matter How Much Cheese Sauce Is Over Them or Ranch Dip Is Under Them
1. Beets
2. Asparagus, especially canned
3. Cooked spinach
4. Cauliflower
5. Raw oysters (technically not vegetables but not much like animals, either)
Name Five Famous People Whose Passing Left a Little Hole in Your World
1. John Lennon
2. George Harrison
3. John Denver
4. Richard Harris
5. Jim Henson
Well, that last one was kind of a bummer, but five times five -- I'll stop there and go knit. Much to do!
6 comments:
Ah, Mom, I'm sorry. I wanted to tag you, but sometimes I feel like you hate memes and I didn't want you to grumble. I love when you do them though, so this one was fun. I see a Komondor frequently around the park. I'd never seen one in real life before and it's amazing, really. But he's mean.
And you wouldn't/don't eat cooked spinach in veggie lasagna? Really? And I hate cauliflower too (though I'll eat it), but it's so good for you! I learned how to make it into purees and then mix it into homemade mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. You can't tell it's there at all, except it adds to the creaminess factor, and presto! All those great vitamins!
Maybe the local Komondor is too hot. :o)
I guess I have eaten spinach in veggie lasagna, at that. We can substitute brussel sprouts for that one, based on the lasagna thing. But cauliflower remains repugnant, and I no longer eat mac and cheese or potatoes (I know -- sad, isn't it?), so even though that's a fine idea you have there, it doesn't apply.
Of course, I no longer eat ice cream, either, but I like to think about it. :o) :o)
I never tag anyone Mom. I just leave people the option of playing if they want.
I like your's though.
I agree with the asparagus. So many people love it and I nearly barfed when I tried it.
I not only eat cooked spinach, I *love* canned spinach. I draw the line at canned asparagus, though, preferring mine freshly cooked.
It's interesting that although you're much more of a veggie eater than I am, I like all of the veggies you don't eat (including raw oysters).
Ooh.. for the dead people list:
1. Stevie Ray Vaughn (Every time I hear "Pride & Joy" I wish he was still around. Nobody plays like he did)
2. George Harrison
3. Phil Hartman (that dude was so funny, and his murder was so senseless)
4. Heath Ledger (only after seeing The Dark Knight. it REALLY Sucks that we won't get to see his Joker again)
5. Paul Newman (I know it hasn't happened yet, but he's in bad shape so I'm bracing for it)
No karamel sutra on that ben and jerry's list??
Post a Comment