But first -- on Saturday we went out to breakfast. In Guerneville, small cute touristy town near the even smaller town of Monte Rio, which is in turn near where we have another house we call Conifer, because that's the name of the street it's on.
Here's the house.
Here's where we went to breakfast.
Here's David, about 30 minutes after we *just sat anywhere,* as the new young hostess told us to do. Note the glasses of water. So far, no one had asked what we wanted to eat or even said, "Good morning." There was one table of folks who had been there before us and I could have taken a similar picture of them and their water glasses but then I would have needed to ask if I might put their pictures on my blog and I just didn't want to get that involved, you know?
Eventually one of the owners (we think) came to our table and told us she had to help these other people first and perhaps ten minutes later she came back for us. I had just polished off half a stale brownie I was carrying around in case of starting to shake, etc. We ordered eggs and toast and so forth and we both had a lot of vegetables and cheese in our eggs and it was really very good. It seems one of the owners was out sick and they had two new girls that day who had about half a clue between them.
Here is what we suppose to have been the tip left by the previous diner.
4 comments:
Ahhhh hahahahahaha!!!!!! That's so great! I mean..not for you guys, of course. I LOVE when places give awesome customer service like that. Shoot..I would have walked out.
Oh, PS..Calix received his birthday card from you guys yesterday. He can't wait till he can go out and get something swell. Also, because he loves Mickey Mouse so much..he literally pulled a pillow and blanket from his room and laid on the floor in the living room staring at the card for, no joke, an hour yesterday before finally giving it back because his mommy keeps those sorts of things in his memory box. He sends his love and thanks to both of you!
Awesome photos to go along with the post, Mom. Oh well, I guess things are slower up there. At least you had good company!
Speaking of slow service...I picked Josiah up for lunch the other day, because I had taken the car on a day that the guy he typically goes to lunch with was out sick or something. Anyway, we went to Jack in the Box. Rather than going through the drive through, we went inside to sit down and eat, since Josiah had an hour for lunch. We ordered. But instead of ordering, standing there while they load up our tray, and then go sit down to eat like would normally be done at a place such as JitB, we ordered, they gave us a # sign, then had us sit and told us they'd bring our food to us. I'm really not sure what sort of new deal they were trying out...but we waited a good 15-20 minutes before our food was brought to our table. I saw other people who stood in line behind us, get their food first. Maybe because they were ordering to go? I don't know but it was kind of annoying. For that wait, we could have gone somewhere a little nicer, ya know?
Post a Comment