Saturday, September 13, 2008

More Tamales

Got to do *something* while the microwave is humming.
There's a cat in here somewhere. A cat sitting on a fence in front of a full moon.

The aforementioned Darkly Amusing Black Widow Spider.

Cute bat.


Example of a photo that just misses having all nine of my kids in it. Where's Josiah? Is he hanging out with his buddy Grant? Is he behind the camera?

Aha! Found him!


I have a box of old random family pictures -- generally ones that didn't make it into albums anywhere or were duplicates or just may not have been Cream of the Crop. All the same, they need organizing. And they're fading and some are torn and many have little white "age" dots on them, so preserving them is important, too. At least, to me. I took a bunch of them this morning and scanned them (took FOREVER) and loaded them into my iPhoto and them began cleaning them up. To my delight, I can not only do some restoration on them as far as fading colors and so forth, but I can remove those little dots! For joy, for joy!

So from time to time I'll toss in a few to share. Oh, what the hey, here's some more:
The Notorious One Dirty Tree right after we moved there and before we started changing its color over and over

Amanda on a school trip -- I think it was Sesame Place in Pennsylvania.

Hannah holding Jonah

Micah, Amanda and Hannah being read to by Jenna (Rivercove, Beverly, NJ)


Oh, and yep, Hannah, that was a Green Zebra tomato. :o)

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Aww I loved seeing those pictures. The 80's were not kind years. No Ma'am.

Was the tomato good? I'm thinking of growing them next year.

Abby said...

I'm cracking up at Hannah's comment. And AWWW!!!!! Look at Hannah's little baby face! What a sweetheart! Josiah's got some sweet jeans. And genes.


I LOVE seeing old pictures! I think I still have that grey bunny somewhere. Probably in Calix's room. Yay! Pictures ALL the time!


I wish dad would give up some pictures, too..because he has pictures no one's seen in *counts* 13 years! Golly!

YogaNana said...

Green Zebra Tomato: yummy, and extra points for entertainment value. I ate it sliced up with the tamales that day.

Josiah said...

hmm... I know I was into taking the pictures with dad's camera on vacations and stuff, but if I'm behind the camera, where's dad? I can only assume that picture was taken on a Sunday when I "couldn't find my shoes".

Jenna said...

Great pics! This will be fun to see old pics. So glad you are scanning them and restoring them too, Mom. I smell future Christmas gifts! ;)

And aren't you clever with those dishtowels?