Friday, September 18, 2009

All Too Much

Every night I think, "Okay, in the morning I'll post to the blog." Every morning I think, "Not right now, there's too much I could talk about and I'd end up sitting here all day."

So instead I end up sitting here all day checking Facebook every few minutes.

When last we spoke I said I had the implants finished, and I did, but there were two crowns above them that needed to be adjusted and redone and that took two more appointments. This afternoon: Ta Da!!!!!! No more dentist til the regular cleaning stuff in January -- and I can bite like a son of a gun. Pass me that bag of whole almonds!

As she tidied up, the dental assistant said, "You know how many people need this and can't get it?"

(Yes, I do. I've been one of them. And thank you all over the place, David. I love you buckets. Not just for the dental work. :o) )

She also said, "You stay out of the sun this weekend with that white skin, okay?" She's Latina and we're having more heat than we would care to have. After all, it's supposed to be Autumn, starting like Sunday night or sometime Monday. Near enough.

I took exactly zero pictures at the Shakespeare Festival, mostly because we were seeing the same places we've seen and photographed before and of course they don't allow photography during the plays. If they did I would have taken a LOT of pictures during Henry VIII because we were in the front row (off to the side, but still) and the costumes made me drool. "I wonder where they found all that gorgeous fabric?" wondered I, because truly, home sewing is not what it used to be. If they don't have it at JoAnn's -- oh, well, because JoAnn's is about all that's left. Time was, children, every town had three or four independently-owned fabric shops and if one didn't have what you had in mind, another one did. But even then, these fabrics would have been a challenge. I also wondered, "Did I miss my calling?" because time was, if someone else had found the fabrics, I could have made those costumes. And I bet one is paid handsomely for that sort of work. Attractively, anyhow.

Having not taken any pictures of my own, I have scavenged Google.

Henry VIII


Don Quixote -- lots of cunning animal puppets but boring play. We walked out at intermission.


Much Ado About Nothing

All's Well That Ends Well

Macbeth.
"Is this a dagger which I see before me?"


Macbeth was really good. Horrible, and really good.

And in a different direction, a sad one, a couple of folks who made my life a little brighter and who have recently passed.
Henry Gibson, beloved little flower-holding doggerel-quoting regular of Laugh-In

and Mary Travers -- how sweet the memories! How I still love the music!


No comments: