Rainbow Grocery, hidden beneath the freeway leading to the Bay Bridge. It has ... PARKING!!!! And it has people inside who care about what they eat and how it was grown and where and who are FRIENDLY!!!
Kind of like Whole Foods only without the Whole Paycheck aspect.
And outside it has little potted plants for sale. We bought an oregano and a basil to restart my herb garden, even though I haven't got enough sunny clear ground to plant anything. For now they're in the windowsill in the dining room, where they have all the sunshine we can muster (which hasn't been a lot the past few days) and a nice view of the city lights at night. Eventually they may move to larger pots out on the porch steps.
This hopefully marks The Return of the Herby Guys. I've missed 'em!
3 comments:
I love that you said "hippie dippie". you're so dang cute, mom!
I'm happy about your little plant friends..and am also happy that I'm not the one that has to trudge over to water them when you go out of town anymore. I'm sorry about all of the dead plants you've come home to..
hahahahaha
My basil has seriously taken over my garden Mom. It's kinda fun to come out in the morning to see just where a new basil plant has sprung up.
Ah, the little cuties!
I think I need to learn to make pesto with mine -- when it's grown up just a bit.
Post a Comment