at my house.
I was so enchanted by the changing book covers on Jenna's blog that I just had to ask, you know? She told me about www.librarything.com, where you can just go sign up and then start making an online inventory of your books by entering the title or author or ISBN and then even -- I don't know exactly why this thrills me so, but it does -- you can pick the exact cover of your particular edition of that book, and then you can drop a batch of html code into your blog settings and have the books show up there in everychanging splendor.
I love this!
I've been pouring books into my list since the weekend, starting by just sitting here on the bed with my laptop and reading off the titles of the books on the shelves around and over the bed. Since that's where I keep my fantasy collection (including practically everything ever written by Terry Pratchett) it's still coming up looking like all I read is fantasy and faery tales, which is not the whole truth, though, so now I'm slowly making my way around the house to the places where I keep history and science and mystery and contemporary literature and ghost stories and cookbooks and ...
Oh, for joy! It's the simple things!
1 comment:
Glad you like LibraryThing, Mom. It IS fun, isn't it? I still love it. Can't wait to get them all in the system, including my enormous children's lit collection.
Post a Comment