The trim is navy blue, not black as it may appear. Nana's not *that* strange.
I never knit a cable before, but I loved this stocking and Abby approved and I began it for Calix over a year ago. It was seriously HARD at first and from the top to the heel I read and counted every single stitch with no understanding of the Big Picture of why I was doing each step, just doing them. I had gotten to that point when it was time to focus on packing and moving but I told myself I would knit in the car while David drove and the Pussycats Three snoozed in their carriers in the back seat.
Of course, that didn't happen. I don't think I knit more than three or four rows on the entire trip and those were on Maddox's afghan (which is still a major UFO, by the way). When the work situation improved and I started on this project to finish UFO's while working -- they want us to multi-task, they just don't know how varied my multi-tasking is -- I put this one off because I had totally lost my place in the directions. Finally I picked it up, about three weeks ago, and just picked a place and plunged back in. I won't say it's perfect but the goofs are kind of innocuous. The wonderful part was, somewhere along the foot, the pattern began to make sense to me. The logic of instructions such as kt p1 tn p2 2/2KRC 2/2KLC p2 kt p1 kt came to me like I had a decoder ring.
And then things were much better.
Now there's just your brother and Mom and Dad, sometime between here and Jolly Old Elf Day. Three more fisherman knit stockings to go, and then *that* UFO is truly F. Finished. Watch this space. :o)
6 comments:
It's gorgeous, dahling! He can't wait till the fat man himself (or maybe a chubby mommy instead..) fills it! Horray for one of 4 out of the way! Hopefully you won't need to add another stocking to that list for another year or so..but don't lose the pattern just yet while I make up my mind about this whole thing. Thanks, mama!
Very cool! Love it!
I'm jealous
You'll all have socks eventually (or this is my plan), but I can't promise to do them all the same year. There are a LOT of you!
Lyndsay's purple sock is next because I promised her a new one way back when I did the socks for the new members of her family.
No more babies Abby. Cut it out. Oh yeah, my stockings kinda old ya know....
Dude..you have more kids than I do.
Post a Comment