Mine mine mine. :o)
Me finally getting to feed a horse, after all these years. Perhaps not my best side, but try to focus on the hair. The horses smelled GREAT! As I knew they would.
My brother Loren, who hosted the event with our matriarch :o), and my sister Amy, who does ... everything. Many thanks.
My Mom and me.
Great Grandmom with Bella, Dylan, Hannah, Lyndsay, and Ash on the floor near the cake. I have several photos of Ash near the cake! :o) *Cake by his mom, Hannah.
So ... wow, it was a huge deal. HUGE. The logistics alone ... I think we're qualified to set up a three-ring circus and send it on tour now. I was stressing like I've seldom stressed before, for weeks ahead of time.
But it was fantastic. What did we do? We squealed, hugged, swam, bounced on the trampoline, lounged in the hot-tub, played on the swings, played baseball, played boardgames, ate, fought, cried, worked out stuff that various ones have been holding onto for ten years or longer, hugged again, and knit. Well, some of us did. And some did a bit of yoga.
It started off lumpy here and there. At least one flight was rough (ours) and at least one person (me) arrived feeling sick. The car rentals didn't go smoothly and caused some financial chaos. There was a motel glitch. Madden was cutting molars and had one seriously bad day. But the weather gave us a fine break: rainy and cool, then on Saturday and Sunday, just warm enough to swim.
For one family, we represent a vast array of lifestyles, belief systems, and even ethnicities. Apparently we love each other anyway. I've heard that we want to make this an annual event.
Oh, how I tried to get a clear picture of this shirt! This is Calix. He's 2. His shirt says: I STILL LIVE WITH MY PARENTS
No comments:
Post a Comment