Perhaps Josiah said it best when he said that in his job he plays the role of a robot five days a week. Well, words to that effect, anyhow. Coincidentally, he's also in a job related to computers. A lot more related than mine is at this point, of course, since I do mostly billing issues now. It felt sort of like a demotion (demotion? opposite of promotion?) since I did tech support in Colorado, but billing is what they do here in the Bay Area and what with the relative cost of living between here and Denver, this demotion came with a nice little raise.
But it's still boring as watching pudding thicken. No, more so, because it doesn't smell good and there are no bubbles. And my job also includes pressure to sell more services.
I admire the way Josiah began his blog by saying he wasn't going to complain about his job because his general dislike of it is sort of a *given,* as is mine, and I thought to myself, "Self," (I thought), "you don't have to moan in every other post about *your* job, either." That sounded noble and even sort of *adult,* and yet here I am, on Tuesday morning. Moaning.
Many people do not have jobs and need them. I shall shut up. Still, you all know. :o)
6 comments:
Yes, we know. And we feel for you. We, even we who need jobs, still wish you could bag yours and get on with all the other dreams and wishes swimming around that magical mind of yours.
maybe my job isn't so bad afterall. I get to talk to people and watch the games. I just wish the money was guaranteed. You should try to sell your creations!! That'd be fun. Did you get my last comment on your previous post? I love those pics of madden and mckenzee and i think you should draw those ones.
Yup -- I replied to that comment. Micah. I'll give it my best. :o)
Actually, when I worked in the call center, one of my issues was I *had to* watch the games. heh heh heh
You also get more exercise than I do!
One of us needs to just invent something really great that would magically bring in millions and millions of dollars, so we could all just stay home...or even better, so we could get together more frequently. I really liked Micah's idea about doing a New Jersey gathering sometime. Josiah had actually suggested that last week to me for next years. The furthest East I've ever been is Colorado and I would LOVE to go back East! Anyway, I'm mostly just babbling I guess.
I had no idea that you could draw...I mean I know you're multi-talented, but I guess I didn't realize how many areas there actually are. I'm sure there are even more than I am aware of. I'd love to see some of the things you've drawn. Have you kept any? Ok, I'm done rambling.
I would do the Jersey thing if I didn't have to fly SO far..but also? Does anyone else actually think mom wants to hang out with Gloria? I'll bet she wants to hang out with her as much as dad wants to hang out with Shirley.
Sarah, whatever it may be, please invent it! And yeah, I can draw -- I like to take genetic credit for Ethan's and Micah's and Noah's abilities with a pencil or pen, too, although we have widely different approaches to what we do. And I got it, so they say, from my father.
Abby, actually Gloria and I got along really well at Jenna's wedding. I wouldn't mind an event in New Jersey, if that's what everyone decides they're up for.
Post a Comment