Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend Around the House

The 'Hood

Nearly 500 good reasons to stay home:

So I worked on the drawings Micah asked me to do of his kids for his Sprucing Up the House project. Yeah, I can see problems here and there in them (as I do with everything I've ever drawn, sewn, knit, or written) but all the same, it makes me pretty happy that I can do this.

McKenzee

Madden


Will send them with David tomorrow to go into the mail, hopefully you'll have them by the end of the week.

Now, back to the knitting ... oh, and I have an idea for ornaments but need to try one to see how much time they take.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Those are FANTASTIC Mom!!!!

I have the most talented Mommy in the world

Abby said...

She seriously is. Orion didn't even know you drew that well. You know how it goes when his mom is an artist and it's like "hey, my mom can draw" and it's like..suuurreee she can. But you can..and you do it so well. He was pretty stunned..and I like that in a man.


Those gas prices are ridiculous! It's $3.89 right now out here $4.24 where we're going..geezeee...it makes me feel all tight in the chest.

Sarah said...

WOW! Those are awesome! I too did not know you could draw that well!

P.S...Trenton's card arrived and he says "Thank you!"

Anonymous said...

Wow, It's $3.90 across the street from my place!

Those drawings came out very well, I think!
A drawing from you has become like a rare diamond!

Jenna said...

Yay, Mom! Next you can do my kids. I would love that! A framed drawing, a Mommy original! How long did it take you to do one?

I know, I know. The GAS. The cheapest here is $4.69. This is why I walk everywhere.

YogaNana said...

Thanks, everybody!

How long does it take to do one? Hard to say, because I can't just sit down and do a portrait start to finish -- I need to put it away and come back to it several times. The biggest issue, as with everything, is finding the time.

But retirement draws ever nearer ...