Except for the cracking of my back. I finally gave in and started seeing a chiropractor a week ago. Didn't have to search one out or I would probably still be in pain (back has been bad since 2002 when I bent over wrong on a hillside, but neck had been AWFUL for several weeks). David went to this guy awhile back and said he was good, so off we went last week and again this week. And next. Apparently my insurance will cover 25 visits but I don't think I'll be making that many -- even though it feels great to have everything aligned and not hurting. My chiropractor wants me to walk. So does my doctor, damn it. My dentist ... he doesn't seem to care about it.
David wondered aloud last night if there was still any point to finishing Maddox's baby afghan, since Maddox is clearly no longer a little baby. I started to tell him about the usefulness of a blankie to drag around and then thought: yeah, maybe I should do more of a *kid* afghan and just stash this one til someone else has a little boy. So I spent most of the evening combing through online sites for afghan patterns and downloaded a dozen or so and then printed them all out and organized them -- and then plucked what there is of Maddox's afghan out of the corner, decided it will take a lot less time to finish it than to do one from scratch (to say nothing of not needing to buy any more yarn for it), and spent 2 hours this morning untangling the wool. Eventually I'll get back to the knitting.
Went to the Hippie Dippie Grocery, got the car washed. That's about it. How's everyone else?
5 comments:
But Maddox is TOTALLY the kind of boy who drags blankets around all day! If he gets tired he goes to fetch his very last binkey (and when that's gone..no more!) and pulls a blanket out of his crib and wraps it around himself then strolls the house till it's naptime or bedtime. It's pretty much one of my very favorite things about him. He's just so cuddley!
But, he'd be more than happy to prance around and brag to his brother that he has an afghan and Calix doesn't. He's gotta have the upper hand sometimes, ya know?
Bella still drags her blankie around all day with her. I actually had to buy 2 of the same kind so that while one was being washed she still had one to snuggle with.
I think I might kinda like going to the chiropractor. I'd be really scared of the bone popping but I hear you feel really good afterwards.
I LOVE chiropractors. I wish I'd married one. It makes a huge difference. My chiropractor saved me in my last pregnancy when my pelvis separated and I couldn't walk. Walked right out of his office.
Oh, and Mom? Walking does help, surprisingly! I have had really chronic neck pain for years (I think since my accident when I was 18). It's so bad I can't even tell you. The chiropractor helps, but I can't afford that now. Adam read about how exercise helps necks and backs (I'm too tired to type why right now), but when I started walking in January, within a few days the pain has significantly subsided. No more migraines. I can sleep through the night. I haven't taken Ibuprofen in over a month (used to take 3-4 at a time, several times a day). Try it. Got a pedometer?
My almost 10 yr old still uses her "deedee" (aka blanket) that we got her for her 1st Christmas. It doesn't measure more than one of those 30x40" blankets. Each of my kids still use one. Not just use though, they tend to find their way into the living room in the morning with the kids. Whoever nicknamed them "security blankets" certainly knew what they were talking about.
I thought you had a treadmill that you were using. Doesn't that count as walking? It is beautiful though for walking where you live except for the lack of flatness:)
Post a Comment