Now: Oh, so many things ...
On the personal medical front, the CT scan found no sinus issues and therefore the doctor has determined that I have migraines.
I do not have migraines. I know what sinus pain feels like and I know what goes along with it and I know exactly which sinus is chronically blocked, so nuts to him and I'll just continue dealing with the issue myself.
The REST of my doctors rock. This one is fired.
On other medical issues, my dear friend Nina (who lives in Boulder) found a lump right around Christmas-time. On February 4th she underwent a double mastectomy. We've been very involved (with a whole lot of other friends) in spiritual work for her healing, and since she is also a madcap sock-knitter I got us each a ball of gorgeous pink sock yarn so she can knit her own Survivor Socks as a bit of therapy while I'm knitting a pair here in unity. I call mine my Sisters-in-Arms socks.
I started out to play Abby's Etsy game and got badly distracted in the pottery/ceramics area.







You may have noted the preponderance of raku (insanely brightly colored shimmery glaze) ocean life. They're from a studio in Florida. I love them. :o)
And then there was this one really mesmerizing skein of yarn:

This is Sero, the Suri Alpaca. He isn't actually for sale, but David said if we had a WHOLE lot of land maybe we could have one like him. He is, of course, the Suri with the Fringe on Top.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
3 comments:
How's Nina doing, mom? Send her my love, would you please?
And thanks for playing along with the Etsy loves.. I think you're the only one who actually did. I love the pottery items you picked out..gorgeous!
Wouldn't it be nice if everyone had their own alpaca?
I clicked.
Prayers for Nina.
Aren't alpacas so cute? I'm still trying to find the time to do the Etsy game.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Hi! I'm coming here from Abby's blog. I love the pottery, and the alpaca? I wonder if he would like to live here in the woods with my other animals? He's too cute!
I'm sending your friend some get well vibes from Arkansas too.
Post a Comment