Saturday, September 29, 2007

From Kentucky

We're visiting with Abby, Calix and Maddox in Ft. Knox. Just watching her taking care of and coping with two babies is exhausting, can't believe I used to do that. But the kids are adorable and really very well-behaved, and Abby has made their home cute and neat and cozy.

We've been jet-lagged for three days and may be feeling more in sync today -- it's still early, hard to tell. I can't wait to get back to SF at midnight in a body that thinks it's 3 AM. Thank God for taxis and good thing we each took the following day off, although in my case it wasn't foresight, it was a scheduled root canal. Should be fun.

But! Yesterday we found time to sort of figure out how to initiate a text message from my phone. Yay, nerdy Mom!
Up til then all I could do was reply to them. Slowly. Well, I'm still very slow pecking out the messages, but at least I can send one now, like the rest of the world, and then I can have exciting moments like the woman who sits next to me at work had last week. She said, "It looks like I missed a message from my 10 year old. This one, from his older sister says, 'Don't panic, Mom. Isaiah probably exaggerated.' "

Today is Calix's party. I hear there will be party hats. :o)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds fun! Abby is probably very happy to have you guys there.

As far as the texting goes....I'm an anti-texter. I cringe everytime my brother sends me one. I'm not "in the know" of how to shorten everything quickly. I'll start typing words out and then clear it cuz I'll be like..."oh...I can just put the #4 there rather than typing out "four". I'm lame. I prefer to use the spelling skills that I have, I suppose.

Happy Birthday to Calix!

Hannah said...

Yay for party hats!!!


Good to know you can text. Mike actually wanted to text you the other night when he opened his card. But I wasn't sure if you had text messaging on your phone.

We are text whores. It's just a lot easier for us to text people than actually call them. So now I can add my Mommy to my texting list. WooHoo!! It's just like Christmas!

Jenna said...

You'll get fast at texting quickly. I forbid my children, however, from using that horrid text shorthand like all their friends do. We're trying to teach correct grammar/spelling around here!