Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Daycare Center Cold

of which Abby spoke. It got us. Good.

My head stufffed up on the plane(s) home and my throat got sore last night, so I was up gargling apple cider vinegar several times. The sore throat ended this morning, so that was good, but I gave myself food poisoning at breakfast by poaching the last two eggs in the carton (that we bought a few weeks back. Just trying to tidy up the inside of the fridge ...) David doesn't like poached eggs, so he was spared and was able to get on the phone and reschedule my root canal while I was busy throwing up, not knowing at that point if I had flu or if eggs can be bad without smelling bad. (Apparently they can. It's also possible that they *did* smell but I was too stuffed up to detect it. In any case, one of them looked funny, even for a brown organic free-range happy-chicken egg.) Then to help settle my stomach he went out to get me some Diet Coke (which I do not like or even approve of, really, but since it has lots of caffeine and no sugar I drink quite a lot of it at work - if I'm SERIOUSLY sleepy and can't get to Starbucks, I'll get a Diet Mountain Dew, and there's nothing more vile than that) and some DayQuil.

Shortly afterward David began to echo my symptoms, except for the food poisoning because he had peanut butter on toast. Never forget: there's always the peanut butter option.

What I would really really like to hear is that this is going to be a SHORT cold, because I have to go back to work tomorrow. In any case, the day has passed in long naps and short bursts of laundry folding. David does the laundry, which involves carrying the basket up and down the back stairs (outside) as well as actually running the washer and dryer, and I fold and put away the finished product, which is a little more hassle but can be done from the bedroom, so it all works out. Also paid bills, caught up on email (HA! NO ONE DOES EMAIL ANYMORE!), and ordered a few posters to put on my new wall upstairs sometime after I get it repainted. Which I hope will be soon. Oh, and a large Earth flag for out front. Always wanted one of those.

A few pictures from our visit with Abby and her little guys:


Maddox of the Wide Eyes



Calix, very newly 2.


There was more -- quite a lot more -- but Blogger is not playing nicely tonight. Perhaps I'll put pictures of the party in another post. Pity I don't much like alcohol.

And now -- off to download several more zinc caplets.

3 comments:

Abby said...

I'm sorrryyyyyyy!!!!! I didn't want you guys to get sick!!! I've missed working out all friggin week so far because I can't bring a half sick child into daycare. :( Guess I'll be working out over the weekend too!

I feel better though..so it's a mostly short cold.. 2..3 days tops. Fell better, ya'll!!

YogaNana said...

Hey, certainly not your fault! Someone brought a 'whole' sick child in last week, and here we all are. :o) But thanks for the Southern good wishes, and I hope you're all the way back on your feet soon!

Jenna said...

Feel better, guys! Glad you had a nice trip though!