Wednesday, October 17, 2007

And Now, For the Rest of the Story ...

On the way home from the brisk bracing encounter with the ocean, we stopped at one of many pumpkin farms along the side of the road: beach on one side, farms on the other. Pretty cool! We chose Bob's Pumpkin Farm, even though it did not have a Straw Labyrinth or a Large Inflated Gorilla. (Or maybe *because* it did not have a Large Inflated Gorilla.)



There was a row of wheelbarrows to steer through a field of all sorts of pumpkins.






All SORTS of pumpkins:






By the check-out table, Bob's Pumpkin Farm's version of chewing gum and tabloids:


I guess I mentioned that there were a LOT of people in Half Moon Bay for the Pumpkin Fesitival. All of them decided to go home as we drove back through town on our way home. We sat almost still for two hours. I got some knitting done. :o)

On Sunday we went to Fisherman's Wharf for the boat tour of the Bay: out under the Golden Gate and then back around Alcatraz.











After the boat tour we walked around the wharf to see the piles of sea lions that have taken over one of the piers.

And then we got lunch from one of the long lines of seafood stands. Jonah wanted to try the lobster bisque in a bread bowl but it wasn't as good as it sounded. The seagull wasn't crazy about it either.


There is, as I may have mentioned once or twice, NO parking in San Francisco, and we had scored a spot in a garage under Ghirardelli Square, which is a bit of a hike from the wharf. When we got all the way back to the garage, we realized (well, actually David had to make a phone call to 411) that the one shop we had wanted to go to, Lark in the Morning, was not in Ghirardelli Square (as I had remembered it to be) but actually in another big old brick building called the Cannery. Whcih we had passed several blocks before. The guys all went back -- I stayed and did a little shopping on my own:


By the time we got to Chinatown, I was too tired to do more than click the shutter a couple of times.



Haight-Ashbury up close will have to wait til the next visit, I guess.

There's plenty to do here, for sure -- y'all come!

9 comments:

Jenna said...

Such cool pictures! I can't wait to get the chance to come up there. The boys are so handsome! And Jonah looks a lot like a young dad to me. To you?

YogaNana said...

To me he just looks like Jonah. I think you look the most like that side of the family, actually -- a lot like your Aunt Lori. Ironically, Ethan looks the most like my side of the family. The others look a bit of this, a bit of that.

You really should come up!

Sarah said...

I agree....I saw pics of Lori back in March and couldn't believe how much she could have been you, Jenna.

AND...here's my 2 cents about coming up there...I feel as though we should all figure out a time to come out and be there together. Sorta like a family reunion-ish shindig kinda thing. Ya know?

Hannah said...

I wanna come so badly!! It'll have to wait though because we just cut up all of our credit cards and are working hard to get out of debt. Christmas will be cash only this year (how scary!!)

Did you guys do all of that touring in one day Mom? I'm exhausted just looking at the pics.

Hannah said...

I went back to look at Jonah's picture again and yes I totally see Dad!!!

Abby said...

I would also love to come visit (hey..you should um..send me the other pictures you guys took from when you were here. There were a few I liked and wanted to own) you guys. It'll have to be something that gets done after O gets home though. How fun! I super want to go to Alcatraz Island! Oo oo!! Take me! Take me!

About Jonah looking like dad? I dunno.. Jonah and I are very similar in looks and I've just always seen a total mixture of both mom and dad in me. I don't think there's one I look like more..and I think the same may go for him. Noah though? I don't know that he still does, but he had that picture of dad in college wearing that big ol silly hat and a vest on his Myspace for a while.. and *everyone* thought it was him. He's got that tall lanky charming thing about him like dad does.

But..that's just my opinion..

YogaNana said...

It would be reallty fun to have everyone in town at once, yeah. We even talked about that a bit when we were on the beach, thinking about all the little cousins running around in the sand ...

YogaNana said...

Oh, and it was three days of touring. Still, pretty brisk pace!

Jenna said...

Hey, Mama. I tagged you again. Gotta keep you blogging. It's for the Seven Things Meme. Seven things about you that we probably don't know.