Inside SFMOMA (Museum of Moderm Art) where pictures were only allowed in the lobby, which they called the 'Atrium.'
And then David took the camera:
Noah wanted to see a Redwood, so we crossed the Golden Gate ...
and drove up to Muir Woods. *Note: it was raining. This was the first time we've been able to find a parking place anywhere near the park, and it isn't like we haven't tried. From now on, we go to Muir Woods in the rain. Yosemite has fat Redwoods, we have tall ones.
Within a Redwood:
Also within a Redwood:
We returned home cold and damp but content.
For the evening, anyway.
Next day we traveled south to the annual Pumpkin Festival at Half Moon Bay, a small seaside community where they grow artichokes, brussel sprouts -- and pumpkins. It feels a lot like Merchantville, NJ -- except for the ocean, articholes, brussel sprouts, and pumpkins. I thought I took a few pictures at the festival but it seems I didn't. Still, you all know what those things are like: streets blocked off, political booths, Comcast and Starbucks booths, random crafts, lots of food that isn't good for you, some bits of enterainment here and there, t-shirts, and in this case, a long row of very upscale crafts. Few actual pumpkins, although there was a sign advertising pumpkin ice cream. It was insanely jam-packed with all kinds of people. We got a wonderful stonewear sheep, whose picture may get added once I take it.
And then --
YAY, PACIFIC!!!!!
Footprints!
More mext post -- heading out for work.
4 comments:
REDWOODS!!! YAY!! My family, on our trip that I had mentioned before that we took to SF, went to Yosemite. My mom has pictures of us in a row, hugging the huge fat ones. It was to see if all of us could reach all the way around if our arms were spread out. I'll have to go to her house and find the pictures to post for all to see.
Looks like you all had a great time!
Aww how fun!! It's always a trip for me to see Noah and Jonah now. In my mind, they're always like 7 so when I see them in real life it's very weird. You have such good looking kids Mom.
I friggin love those 2 like whoah. Miss em like crazy! It's always very very nice to see familiar faces.
..and if those are footprints..someone should call the zoo...
Hey Mom, fantastic pictures. You have one terrific eye behind the camera. And great to see the boys. I can hardly believe they're my brothers, because like Hannah, I always picture them as tiny kids.
Oh, and I can tell you've lost weight. You look beautiful, and healthier. And seeing your pictures for some reason has me crying. I miss you.
Post a Comment