However, it's all over and I won't be cranky about that sort of thing again until this time next week when they make us all come in to work on New Year's Day.
But because of all of the above, I didn't get to call all my kids in a gluttonous binge of phone chatter like I like to do on major holidays. I had some VM and text messages and a quick-quick visit with Jonah as the floor supervisor reminded me I'm not allowed a live cellphone on the floor even if no one has had a customer call in the past 45 minutes. Tonight I called my mom when I got home and then got in a visit with Josiah, but it's late now and I'm really tired of having phones presssed against my ear, since that's what I did all day. Perhaps in the morning ...
We had a nice quiet holiday here, opening our gifts last night so we wouldn't be rushing to do it before I had to leave this morning. (Yes, the work-from-home did finally begin, but Tuesdays will still be show-up-in-Concord days for awhile.) Here's where we went on Sunday afternoon:
Grace Cathedral Episcopalian Church here in San Francisco -- this shot is to give an idea of how many stained glass windows there are in this building. I'm all weak knees for stained glass.

Evening view showing spectacular window:

And here is a closer view of its gorgeous Rose Window:

We went there not entirely to slobber over the light coming through the colored glass, though, but for a concert of Christmas music by the Cathedral Choir of Men and Boys. The acoustics were not great. No, sorry -- they weren't. But the building was built for looks, not for sound, and all the stone arches and so forth (and did I mention the stained glass?) really overwhelmed me. The music was nice, too, even if we couldn't hear many of the words. It still sounded beautiful. I was very glad we had the idea to go, and I think we'll do it agin next year -- and so forth. :o)
A few random pictures around the house on Monday morning:
And our tree:
More later. Sleepy. See post title.
5 comments:
Aww the house is like one big cuddle..and I like cuddling. So that's good.
I remembered you had to work yesterday, otherwise I would have harassed you and thanked you repeatedly for the many gifts from you and Gramps. They are all just lovely.
Love you!
That church is beautiful. When I was in HS (in the top choir I might add...(I was very proud of this accomplishment)) we went on a trip to California and sang in a cathedral that from what I remember, looked similar to this. The echo was amazing and crisp. It was awesome. Atleast from where we were on the stand. I don't remember if we were there singing for an audience, I think it may have just been for the experience of singing in the place.
I love the pics from around the house...very cute and cozy. I love the pic of the kitchen the best I think...looks like it came right out of country living magazine or something of the sorts. I love your cute little red teapot! I have a collection of teapots in my kitchen...as well as our "You are special today" plate. I also love your neatly organized shelf of seasonings.
I do like your piano pic too though. I see the gingerbread pot that we sent you last year and the JOY from this year. Looks like the little buttons on the "J" got repositioned in transit maybe. I had them evenly lined up along the top edge of the lip. Oh, and a red button fell off the "Y". Dang, I'm gonna have to do a better packing job next time.
Is that the front door or a closet door that your "Here comes santa" tree is hanging on? I love that knob and key hole!
I also love the little nook for your puzzle putting together.
And lastly...I'm very envious of the real tree! Rylie saw me looking at the pic of it and had to come over to point out all the ornaments that are the same as ones we have. Can you guess which they are? Hehe..
I love seeing all the similar tastes that we have in common!
I wish I'd been able to take pictures inside the church -- it is incredibly tall, and all modeled after the old Gothic cathedrals in Europe. Maybe this was the one you sang in! Did you come as far as San Francisco on your tour?
I've got a loose button or two that I need to glue back on the letters. Don't think it was the packing -- I blame the cats. Of course, the cats are handy to blame for a lot of things.
The door with the Santa on it is actually the door to the attic stairs. My work is up there, along with other good stuff.
We were much further South....in the Newport Beach area and around Magic Mountain...I have a postcard of the place...I'll have to see if I can dig it out.
Yes, cats seem to be very good for blaming. We should get one for the sole purpose! That way the kids have someone new to blame also.
The house looks so cozy and bright and warm, Mom. I loved seeing those pics! And I recognize many of those Christmas-y things tucked around. Hope you both had a great holiday together, despite the working.... Love you!
Post a Comment