Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Since My Family Reads This

My mom had a stroke last night. According to Amy it probably isn't incredibly serious, but it was still a stroke. She lost her vision for awhile (at least some of it has returned as of the message I got) and she was confused about the year, though not the date. For awhile she didn't know her little dog's name. She refused paramedics but Amy and Loren and Anne were going to insist she see a doctor today. I have no updates tonight and am hoping no news is good news.

Also -- Sarah and Josiah, you may not have seen the mass email but I need gift suggestions from you two! We can do this the easy way and you can post me by morning, or I'm getting out my cellphone and using it. :o)

Now you may all return to baking cookies.

8 comments:

Abby said...

oh no! grams! I know what mini strokes feel like..and they suck. I can't imagine how a full one feels. Grams just needs some hugs. So I'm sending her one via mom's blog. *hug*

Hannah said...

Oh my gosh!! Are visitors off limits?

YogaNana said...

As far as I know, visitors would be good.

You might call Amy first and check -- I'll email you her numbers.

Jenna said...

Sweet Grandma! Nothing can happen to her! Please keep us posted, Mom. And I hope Hannah can get over there.

Sarah said...

No fun! Sorry to hear. I know what it's like with my grandmother going through all that she has been going through in the past several months. She has actually been doing pretty well lately and my grandfather is sure he's going to go before her even though all along his health has been 100 x's better than hers. Weird, but anyway, good to know it was nothing too major.

And I apologize that I didn't see this post til just now, and I have been out and about today and just got your message, so I'm going to call Josiah and see if he has any suggestions as far as gifts go and then I'll send an email.

Hannah said...

She's at the hospital now. Amy said they don't know for sure how long she will have to stay. It looks like the stroke was caused by a blot clot.

The soonest I will be able to go is tomorrow so I have to call either the hospital or Amy to find out wheer to go and if the kids can come.

Hannah said...

I meant to say blood clot

YogaNana said...

'blot clot' looked fine to me til you pointed out the typo.

Thank's for the update -- I haven't heard back at all yet and by the time I get home, Amy's usually asleep.