The Ornament Progress Bar is at 100%. Ta-Da!!!!!!!!! But they're not all received yet so no pictures.
We finally broke down and got an artificial tree this year and spent Thursday evening putting it together and fluffing it out. I held out for so long for *real* (always preferring real over artificial and also really liking the smell of the trees when they first arrive home), but finally admitted there are just too many reasons both ecological and kind-to-trees and practical in a financial sense as well as an aging-couple sense to simply buy a nice artificial tree and have done with it. We love our tree -- we've named him Ewell. Perhaps we'll get him decorated before the weekend's over, and next year he'll be put in his place of honor much earlier in the season.
Passing along the word for Abby that her computer was fried in a power outage just after her most recent post. I know, Josiah just went through the same thing. It's eerie. Anyhow, they're filed a claim through some sort of renter's insurance or something and will be able to replace it soon. In the meantime, she can read blogs and emails through her phone but can't reply to blogs or post any new ones.
Off to mail the Final Box -- the one to my mom. We were waiting FOREVER for something in it to arrive here so we could wrap it up and mail it off. Sheesh!
2 comments:
We got our package on Thursday. I made the kids wait ALL day til Josiah got home (late no doubt) from work to open it. I'd never waited before but instead was always so excited to rip in and check out the ornaments while everyone was still at school/work and get them hung on the tree, until I read Jenna's comment several days ago about waiting til Lyndsay got home til she opened her box, and I realized then how selfish I've been in years passed! I'm still learning. I guess Josiah had it right when he titled me "The Christmas Brat"...
Anywho...we LOVE the ornaments! But that's all I'll say, so as to not spoil it for anyone who may not have received their's yet.
Hopefully yours will arrive very soon if it hasn't already.
Every year I suggest we get a fake tree to Mike but since he grew up with fake trees, he's really liking having the real thing.
The ornaments are seriously cute! It's so funny how all of my friends now know of the ornament tradition and had been asking me if the new ones had come yet. They like to look at my tree to see the different ornaments. It's good stuff.
Post a Comment