Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Santa Closes In

At least from up here. About half the packages went out over the past weekend and most of those are supposed to arrive Thursday --- that would be Jenna, Abby, Micah, Hannah, and Ethan. On all the others, I'm still waiting for at least one thing to show up, so I expect they'll all go out this weekend. If you're one of my kids, please let us know when a box arrives just so we know.

I am now having to show up at the call center in Concord to work two days each week (happens to be Weds and Thurs). This is supposed to be to teach me mad sales skills by sitting me with a *top agent* to watch him or her in action. So far, what I've learned are several ways to cheat the system, but fear not, I'm not going to use them. And a few days ago I had a visit (over the phone, of course) with a woman who had a death in her household and couldn't get the phone (our product, of course) to work to call 911 so she had to run to the neighbor's to make the call. Well, in fairness, she thinks her (grown) daughter had died in the night and was gone *before* the phone failed to summon help. So I guess that's okay, right?

Back to elfing ...

5 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm so excited to see the ornaments!!!

Mad sales skills, huh? You're so hip Mom.

Abby said...

You're so with the times, mom. Hahaha I love it.

What you do sounds like one big talk show. Everyone opens up to you..pours their heart out. Precious.


Yay! I can't wait to see what the ornaments are this year!

Jenna said...

Our box came TODAY! Dylan answered the door with "It's a box with your Mom's writing on it!" We are so excited we can barely stand it! We're waiting for Miss Lyns to get home from work (about another hour) before we open the box. I ALMOST forgot about her in my excitement, but then I remembered to be mature. I'll keep it secret for everybody else though! xoxo!

Ah, Mom, the moment you wait all year for! Such gratification!

Hannah said...

WooHoo!!! Our's just came!! The ornaments are so frickin darling!!! I LOVE them!!!

Abby said...

YAY!!!! I stared the mail lady down while she put a package in one of the bulk lockers. I knew it was from you guys..I could see your handwriting from the window hehe. The ornaments are just precious! I'm waiting for the boys to wake up from their naps so they can hang their own. Horray for Christmas packages!