Thursday, March 5, 2009

Number Nine, Number Nine ...

Jonah's new blog: http://misterjonah.blogspot.com/

And he has just signed up on Facebook. Yay, that's ALL of my kids, and a lot of extended family and a surprising number of former neighbors and also a huge percentage of the people I consider my Real Friends (as opposed to pleasant ships passing in the night). Still looking for a couple of people, hoping to find them and connect.

Sarah, I meant to comment on your comment to the effect that there aren't a lot of Old High School classmates you really feel a need to reconnect with. Me, either. I have ONE friend from high school I stay in touch with, my long-time best friend Sam. She got me to go to our reunion several years ago and it just confirmed that I feel zero connection with most of the people I went to school with. I don't know where that went, but I don't miss it. Life has been much better on this side of my teens.

We're in Denver for a few days. Our plane was 2 hours late so we had a nice day at SFO, catching up on some reading and exploring the airport shops -- hey, doesn't bother me, I have books and knitting and a cellphone and I'm not at work, I can be content for ages. But by the time we arrived and got our luggage and got our rental car (cute tiny Chevy and I'm doing the driving because this is my old neighborhood :o) ) and came in from the airport in rush hour traffic, it was dark. Long day, doing a 2 1/2 hour flight. But we were able to spend the evening with Jonah and Micah and Kaiti and the kids, had yummy pizza.

Today we had breakfast at Mimi's Cafe (treble yum!) and then drove around the University of Denver neighborhood, walked through the campus, got a hug from a Greenpeace volunteer (because I already donate regularly), came back up to Lakewood, got Jonah a birthday cake, and went for cake and festivities at his house, with Micah and fam again and Noah and Robin. Oh, and Peanut the Cat. Now Micah and Jonah are at work and Noah went home to draw Four Questions and we're just hanging out in the motel. Going to call Jaz and Nina and see what works, getting-together-wise. :o)

And my blood sugar is all calm and low-ish, even with some cake and the crepes I had for breakfast. Very nice!

Must knit!

3 comments:

Abby said...

Being around your babies tends to have that nice blood sugar effect on you. Same thing happened at my house! Awwww

You *have* to go to the Cherry Cricket and have one of their delicious burgers for me. Man oh man..I'm missing Denver right now! Ugh, now my stomach hurts. :(


Give Jonah the biggest of big birthday hugs for me. I sure miss him! And of course hug Micah, Kaiti, the babies, Noah, Jaz, Nina, David...and anyone else you see that I know.

Someday we'll be back in Colorado again. Someday.

Sarah said...

Yeah, the one person I really care to KIT with from HS, I have been able to via blogging and she comes down from Idaho each year and we "go do lunch". I definitely prefer my life post high school and so often wish I could have been me "now" back then. I was very shy and didn't take the time to enjoy it the way I probably could have. Oh wells! Can't do anything about it now, so I move forward.

Glad you're enjoying your stay in CO!

Jenna said...

How fun for you to get to be there! And I'm thrilled to know that Jonah is now 'connected'. I thought about him yesterday on his birthday and didn't know how to contact him to tell him so. Have fun in Denver!