First of all, Mother's Day at my mother's:
And ...
It's really really hot in the Phoenix area this May. I just have to say that here because I certainly said it there last week, more than once, and it bums me out because I dearly love the family I have there but I just cannot bear the heat and I do not know how *they* do it. The heat is the main reason I moved to Denver: no seasons, brown landscape, and debilitating (for me) heat. I was lethargic and crabby and right on the edge of a headache all the time, except during thunderstorms -- so August wasn't too bad. Denver was better in every way, except that half my family elected to stay in Mesa (where they were building lives of their own with their own new families) and I've been sort of heartbroken about that ever since. I still have fantasies where all the families come back together -- oh, maybe on a huge chunk of mountain land with tall trees and a little spine-tingling danger in the form of the occasional prowling mountain lion (but we have a good tall strong fence!) where everyone builds a cabin or a cob house. Mine would be cob, for sure. With a greenhouse. And chickens. And sheep, all within that good tall strong fence. I already did a post about that, with pictures. :o)
Anyway, last week Abby and I, just us girls, went to visit The Fam. There have been some hard things going on and I just needed to see how everyone was. I'm not sure that I'm any clearer now about anything, but it was wonderful to see everyone and to feel the unity within the family there. And ... we had fun.
Evidence:
Four of my nine:
4 comments:
That one of the chubby girl standing next to Sarah..surely that one can be taken down. Surely it can. These make me want to never eat again. :(
But other than that..it sure was nice to see some of the fam!
Those are great pictures Mom! We loved having you two visit
You have such a beautiful family! The meerkat is awesome as well. They're my favorite at a zoo.
Mom, how did I never see this post? I even waited for your post-trip post to come up. Hmmmmmm....
Anyway, I loved the pictures. Especially the one of Amanda, and the one of Josiah holding his daughters' hands. Choked me up.
And the random meerkat made me laugh.
I totally agree with you about the AZ heat. It is debilitating. The 7 years I spent there were very grouchy years, well at least 8 months of every year. August WAS redemption! I wish I could visit more too, but I just HATE that heat! Even L.A. is so much milder.
Post a Comment