Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday Afternoon -- or Any Afternoon


Yarrow has no stress whatsoever. I've always envied him.

But so far, retirement is working out well: I'm getting the house clean, finding time to catch up on all sorts of things (including regular yoga practice and full-hour walks on the treadmill), I'm sleeping like a stone, my dreams are no longer troubled, and my fasting blood sugar is a thing of beauty. This week I actually got together menus and went shopping for food -- tonight we cook! Yay!!!!!!

Broccoli quiche and salad, coming up!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Mom, it all sounds like a dream existence! I am so, so happy for you!

David said...

And the quiche was excellent!

Abby said...

Mom does make one fabulous quiche. Yum yum yum!

Rub Yarrow's belly for me!

Hannah said...

Aww look at the fluffy kitty!! I wanna snuggle him!!

Jaz who Doodles and Daydreams said...

Does this mean time for (virtual) coffee with an old friend?