Monday, June 1, 2009

Burmese Food

Last night we went out for some, with the guys downstairs. I'd never tasted Burmese food and was very pleasantly surprised -- it was mega yummy! It was also mega spicy and we started the meal around 8, which is not a particularly good idea although it seemed like one at the time.

I woke up at 3:30 going, "What is that taste in my mouth? It's kind of familiar ..." and then I remembered dinner. Oh, yeah! I was awake til about 5:30 with the worst indigestion ever, but I got a lot of reading done (Angels and Demons by Dan Brown). Yarrow came and draped himself across my leg and looked me in the eye because he *is* my Personal Assistant and he was trying to Assist. His heart is in the right place although often his paws are not.

Today I'm just kind of draggy and not getting a lot done, but there's still quite a lot of day left. Perhaps I shall kill this wretched fat buzzing fly that got in here.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I have a Burmese little girl as a piano student and her mom chatters away in Burmese to the toddler sister. Never thought about what they ate!

Abby said...

Ya know, leave Orion with that fly for 2 minutes and he will catch it with his hands and slam it to the ground thus killing it. He's pretty amazing like that.