http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lesley-stern/how-to-live-on-0-a-day-a_b_217540.html
Several of these struck really close to home-past. I laughed for six and one half minutes, thought I'd share.
We had planned to go up to Oregon this weekend for the Shakespeare Festival, but we always meet this other couple up there (David's old college friends -- the three of them have been doing this for something like 20 years, with other folks added on along the way, the latest being me) and last week the wife became quite ill. She's still in the hospital but expected to be okay, and that trip has been rescheduled for mid-August. Today we're just putzing around here (some new plants and new deliciously smelly candles), and tomorrow we're going up to Fort Ross for a couple of days. Will probably be without internet and phone from Friday morning til Sunday afternoon. You know, just in case.
Knitting, getting perilously close to finishing Maddox's afghan which was supposed to have been a baby blanket. Quite sure he'll have it before he heads off to school, though.
Hannah, you can get yogurt that uses veggies for the red coloring. I checked. :o) We like Rachel's (which Safeway sometimes carries) and Wallaby, which can be had at someplace called Sprouts. Or at Whole Foods for either one.
I've been leaving voicemails with Amanda and Micah for a couple of weeks -- heard from Micah today. Amanda, are you out there?
Am in Season 3 of Grey's Anatomy via Netflix through the mail and also Season 3 of Heroes, plus a couple of episodes of Neil Gaiman's 'Neverwhere' and something called 'The Monarch of the Glen' (BBC, lightweight, kind of cute, great scenery) via Netflix Watch Instantly, which is very very cool -- maybe one day *all* their stuff will be available that way, no waiting on the mail.
Must fold laundry and go back to knitting ...
1 comment:
Good to know Mom. I'll have to go check if they have it in my Safeway.
Post a Comment