Wednesday, November 7, 2007

YAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm annoyingly bouncy tonight, I'm sure -- today I was told I've been approved for a new work-from-home team at Comcast. Let's see, I've only been wanting them to try this for ... how long have I worked there? Eight years?

This will mean: three hours a day of commute time saved; $280 a month in commute costs saved, plus an out-of-control amount of justifying buying lunch at Subway and perkiness at Starbucks; evenings at home with David like so many other couples get, possibly even including dinner; and (drumroll here) ..... FREEDOM TO KNIT!!!!!! Yay!!! No one telling me I can't knit or do any other manner of handwork while talking with our subscribers, no one telling me I can't keep a book on my desk to read during slow periods. I can even keep my own laptop nearby and keep up with email, blog more, write more. And no more dress code. Farewell, thou silly silly dress code!

HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!

*** Beginning date for this state of employed bliss is not yet certain, but will be between mid-December and early January. Which is good, as we're still painting the attic, which is where I'll set up shop.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Wow! How exciting! Congratulations! I was just thinking yesterday how nice it would be if Josiah could work from home and drive in to the office when there's something he can't do from home. So much of it he could and it would just be wonderful to have a car more often than not. Oh to dream...

Hannah said...

WooHoo!!!!! Yay Mom!! This is going to be great for you.

Abby said...

WOOOO!!! Horray horray!!! Mom gets more mom time finally!

..and maybe mom has time to start Abby's family stockings? The fam just keeps growing and still no lovely stockings :(

But! There will be! Also..more importantly..working in jammies. Woo!!!!!

Jaz who Doodles and Daydreams said...

Okay, that is INCREDIBLY awesome!!! Woohoo!!!!!

YogaNana said...

Still won't be able to do stockings this year -- Calix's is half done and has been a stalled project (along with Maddox's afghan) since summer, when I started the Ornaments o'the Year. Next year: stockings. Promise.

(And also to Lyndsay -- I've promised her one in purples.)

YogaNana said...

To Jaz: hey, we may even be able to start hanging out again! :o)

Jenna said...

WOW! It's a dream come true! Dreams really DO come true!