Which means, of course, I'm 59.
Thanks for the good wishes from family and friends! I got phone calls and emails and virtual cakes (no real cake, not on the diet at the moment) and a poem from a dear friend in Denver. I got *sung* a birthday song in Swedish by another dear friend in Seattle via email and a kit to cross-stitch a little sheep from a friend I've had since we were kids. I got taken to Cirque du Soleil (not something there are words to describe) and gifted with an alpaca sweater and three volumes of The Sandman (Neil Gaiman, oh mega YUM), all by David. I got several choruses of the ever-popular Sandra Boynton 'Hippo Birdie" song.
Oh, and a physical. Woo hoo.
But! It's been a fine fine day! I have the greatest friends, I really do, and I love you all and I'm crazy about my kids and *their* kids. And David, my love, you are wonderful. Thank you for sharing the day with me, and thank you for sharing the rest of our lives. May we all live long and happily.
3 comments:
Sounds like a day full of love, Mom, and you deserve it. Say, who's your friend since childhood?
You are so cute Mom!!
My friend since childhood is Sam, aka Sioux. Real name: Sue Hill, formerly Susan Larry. We were pals in 2nd grade. Both famillies did some moving and we re-found one another in our early teens, were best friends clear into college. When I returned to Mesa after the break-up with your father she found me again and we used to get together regularly to make those little quilted wall-hangings that are all over the house. Now they've retired and have my dream home in the mountains.
Post a Comment