Our latest puzzle:
Seriously. We started this puppy in November. I had a Christmas puzzle all ready to start up as soon as we were done, so it's going to have to wait now til next year. You know, when you break Starry Night into 500 little pieces, they're all either dark and dark or blue and white or yellow and white, and they all have brush strokes. It was rough, folks.
In other news -- I'm a Vegan. About three weeks now. Well, it seems to help the blood sugar and it isn't like I don't already know how to live like this or that it forces me to give up things that I like more than I like, say, vision. And the treadmill arrives tomorrow, so then there will be regular exercise even when it rains, which is pretty much every day right now. That's winter in San Francisco: rain. Fortunately, I'm a fan.
6 comments:
Oooh I like those socks Mom!
A Vegan, eh? You know, a lot of those Vegan foods smell really bad. We had a Vegan roomate for a while and there were some really funny smells coming form the kitchen quite often. I wish you luck!!!
Great socks, Mom! And way to be healthy and take care of yourself. Are things getting worse or something? (your vision?)
Did you know there's a famous vegan restaurant in San Francisco? You probably do. but in case you didn't, thought I'd mention it. There may be more than one, actually, being as it's San Francisco. Alas, i can't remember the name of it. But this great blogger can tell you the name of it, or you can just search her blog for the name.
http://madorganica.blogspot.com
Also, you might enjoy a book I just finished - A Writer's San Francisco by Eric Maisel.
Love the socks! They almost match the colors in your puzzle.
Things aren't worse, it's just that my numbers aren't coming down as far as we want them to. And the things most likely to get wrecked by diabetes are kidneys, eyes, and feet.
Didn't know of a vegan restaurant here, but will check it out, Laume, thank you. Also for the book suggestion!
Post a Comment