http://littlecottonrabbits.typepad.co.uk/
(the blogger is Julie and she lives somewhere in England -- photos on this post were nicked from her site)
Suddenly I'm not the only knitter online. Sudenly there are three bazillion knitting blogs, and the traffic on my three knit-based elists (Socknitters, Knitlist and -- get ready for it -- Sheep Thrills) just does not stop. Oh -- they're not *mine* as in *I own them* but *mine* as in *I signed up for them a long time ago and then went no-mail until recently.*
Anyhow, I've recently noticed that those who knit also seem to like to blog about it and many of those blogs are found linked one to another. Most I just go look at once or twice, but the one with the rabbits is a favorite so I thought I'd share. Unfortunately the woman whose blog it is does not give her animal patterns
(since she makes and sells the little animals -- click the link for Previously Sold Toys if you haven't already) and figuring them out is going to be a pain, but I think I can rise to the occasion. Once I get on top of my UFO's, that is.
**Please note: she also knits cakes.
And then there's a (still beta!) website called Ravelry which features, apparently, EVERYTHING. You have to be a member and you have to wait in line to get in. You have to wait a long time. I heard today that there are over 6000 on the waiting list. I got in last month after waiting about a month -- I think I was number 5000-something. I am, and no one will find this surprising, Woollywench on Ravelry. Hey, you figure out a handle that is just so *you* and you milk it for all you've got.
I had half the day off to go to the dentist for a few fillings and one final (we hope) extraction before we begin, sometime this year, the dental implants. I'm quite excited about the prospect of having chewing surfaces again. :o) It seems that something I'm taking for the diabetes or possibly for high blood pressure is also thinning my blood more than it used to as I don't clot in a blinding flash anymore, and the socket kept bleeding long enough to interfere with going on back to work, so I took off the rest of the day and just ... chilled. It was good. We're having this lovely storm, rain beating against the windows and heavy deep purple clouds. I started researching how to knit both socks of a pair at the same time on two intertwined circular needles, which sounds absolutely impossible but people are doing it and loving it, and I want to do it and love it, too. And finish socks faster. Now I have to go wind some yarn into balls for socks (for me, this time) and watch Harry Potter. Y'all have a good evening.
3 comments:
Oh please figure out how to make those cupcakes! I would love to have some of those for me and it would be a cute addition to bella's play kitchen.
You really sound like you're having a ball with life lately Mom. I'm happy for you.
Possibly doable. I think I stand a better chance with the little animals because I once knit a teddy bear for Hunter so I have a rough idea how knitted animal construction goes. But they *are* rather fectching, aren't they? May have a go, as they say. :o)
Mom, yours would be way better once you figure it out. Your cuteness factor is pretty much off the charts. Her website is darling, though!
Post a Comment