Sunday, January 13, 2008

One More:

Old Dog:


New Trick:


This has taken several days and more than a little swearing, but I have FINALLY learned to knit two socks at the same time on two sets of circular needles. Of course, nearly everyone else in the world who knits is already doing this, but I've got it, there is peace in the valley, so to speak, and now I can set this particular obsession aside for awhile and go back and finish the second sock of the pair I started last month for David.

We're going to Cirque du Soleil in a few minutes and I must find my shoes.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Just looking at the pic causes me to stress out! I never learned to knit. I don't think my mom knew how. She did teach me how to crochet, but I didn't go very far with it. I only ever made a few doilies. Congratulations though, on learning a new trick!

Sarah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a super great day! We love you!

Jenna said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMY DEAR! We'll call later on, but didn't want you to think you were forgotten.

I'm with Sarah...looks stressful! But, you're amazing and wondrous, so it fits you. What nerd came up with the technique, that's what I want to know!

knittingwoman said...

I figured out how to knit one sock on 2 circs and am proud of that, maybe I'll make a sock that is wearable finally:)
and of course HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I never forget your day because you share it with my #4 son:)

knittingwoman said...

I figured out how to knit one sock on 2 circs and am proud of that, maybe I'll make a sock that is wearable finally:)
and of course HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I never forget your day because you share it with my #4 son:)

knittingwoman said...

I figured out how to knit one sock on 2 circs and am proud of that, maybe I'll make a sock that is wearable finally:)
and of course HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I never forget your day because you share it with my #4 son:)

knittingwoman said...

I figured out how to knit one sock on 2 circs and am proud of that, maybe I'll make a sock that is wearable finally:)
and of course HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I never forget your day because you share it with my #4 son:)

Jenna said...

Okay, this is weird. I keep posting, and it keeps saying 0 comments. What's going on? Are you blocking me? How come my comments don't stick?

YogaNana said...

Abby pointed out to me this morning that I had Comment Moderation turned on anad nothing was coming through -- I just thought everyone was ignoring me! I forgot I turned it on after getting that spam comment (Hannah got it, too) awhile back and deciding I didn't want more of them. Will turn it off again. Sorry.