Friday, February 29, 2008

On the Brink of March At Last

While at work today I knit from the recently-turned heel (less beautiful than it might have been because Yarrow got tangled in the yarn and took off with it, pulling out two of the four needles) all the way to the toe decreases on my second Pirate Sock. And sold High Speed Internet to someone.

Two more hours in my workday. My "numbers" for work are not good, ever, but they're even more not good since I got sick a month ago and was only able to take off three days to be fevered and useless in. The rest of the two worst weeks I was croaking into the phone, bare minimum that the callers needed, no energy to push them to buy anything. For the second of those two weeks (the first being the one when I only worked two days), David was in the hospital. So I was both sick and worried and stressed.

February was at least a wash, if not a four alarm disaster, in many ways. March begins tomorrow and may it be much much better.

4 comments:

Abby said...

nono..it *will* be much better!

Sarah said...

3 CHEERS FOR A BETTER MARCH!!

Jenna said...

Do you work on commission, Mom?

Hang on! March is here in full swing!

YogaNana said...

I'm paid an hourly wage and make comission on top of that on a complicated system. Personally I don't care if I never sell anything, but the higher-ups apply pressure.