I'm still sick but markedky better than I was a couple of days ago. David, on the other hand, is in the hospital. I took him to the ER last night and they admitted him. He had no balance, kept falling, felt hot and would go into sweats but had no temperature, couldn't eat but had nausea so he was having dry heaves over and over, and having a lot of nosebleeds.
Our friend Doran from Belgium, who has been here sharing the bug with us for the past several days but not getting terrifyingly sick herself (sick but not as bad as we've been), helped me get him out of the house and into the car. At the door of the ER they took him in a wheelchair. We had a very short wait, as these things go, and they started hooking him up to more IV's than I've ever seen on a single person and began running tests, took a chest x-ray. His potassium and sodium were low and his breathing shallow. They didn't have a room available last night so he had to spend the night in the ER and I stayed with him til he fell asleep around 11, will go back as soon as I've eaten and gotten dressed. It's possible but by no means certain that he could be home by this evening.
3 comments:
Oh my! We hope all is fine and that David checks out ok. We will keep you both in our prayers.
Awww David! Seriously hoping he's feeling better soon! Do let us know what they say it is.
Oh my goodness! The sicknesses this season are kicking everyone's butt it seems.
I'm praying for a speedy recovery for David. Let us know how he's doing when you can
Post a Comment