Okay, I'll play, but first I had to go look up Primerica. Sure looks scammy to me!
L -- Literate. Or so I like to think, anyhow. I'm listening currently to The Woodlanders by Thomas Hardy on a download from audible.com and I am just so excited by the way he uses the language. My nerves, words I haven't heard in years, words people don't even KNOW anymore, and how wonderfully expressive he is! (Yeah, okay, geek! But there's no "G" in "LYNN.")
Y -- Yarrow-owner. Also Marigold-owner and Neo-owner. Of course, it's not cool to consider oneself the owner of an animal these days but when they buy my food and brush my hair, they can say they own 'me.' When we take turns picking up the tab, then we can be 'companions.' For now, I own them.
N -- Ne'er-Do-Well. Heh heh heh.
N -- Newt. But I got better.
9 comments:
It's only a flesh wound!!
I hoped someone would get it. I hoped ALL of you would get it, actually. :o)
Did the joke happen after I left? I don't get it.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail..fantabulous movie.
And a favorite of -- get this! -- your grandfather. My dad was one to get all the newest toys, you know, and he got a BetaMax (which came before the VCR -- movies used to be available in Beta or VHS and then Beta faded away and everything was VHS). I think this was around 1975 or '76. Not a whole lot of movies available right at first but he immediately got Monty Python and the Holy Grail and watched it over and over and laughed a lot.
I don't think my mother entirely approved. :o)
Oh, I see. This is the movie that also says something about the wind-speed velocity of a laden sparrow, right? Yeah, everyone has seen this movie....except me!
I didn't pick up on anything either, Jenna.....I pretty much feel excluded in this whole comment thread...we can eat worms together!
David's never seen it, either. We should have a Monty Python Fest sometime.
I believe it's a swallow, actually...an African swallow. "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??". I haven't seen the movie in a couple of years, but it's for sure one of my all time faves and I always loved that hey, even though I never got to meet him.. I at least have a movie favorite in common with my grandfather..which makes me feel all warm and cozy like we would have gotten along nicely. :)
Post a Comment